Zafin is the award-winning global leader in cloud-based product and pricing solutions. We enable clients to advance core banking modernization and their digital transformation roadmap. Zafin works with more than 450 financial institutions globally whose assets range in size from $200 million to $3 trillion in total assets.
Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth and fueling our continued innovation. Our recent acquisition of FINCAD solidifies our position as a high-growth SaaS provider. Together, we are disrupting financial services by offering pricing and advanced analytics solutions to institutions across all banking segments: retail, corporate, commercial, and capital markets.
FINCAD empowers Capital Market participants to solve derivative analytics problems with innovative simplicity. The key to our success for over 30 years is our unique combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. FINCAD is now the Capital Markets Group within Zafin. Products and services will continue to be offered under the FINCAD brand.
Our clients benefit from our 60 ecosystem partners and over 500 talented employees spread across 13 global offices. Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer and certified Great Place to Work® in Canada, the UK, and India.
As a Business Development Representative, you will play an integral role in sales development activities supporting FINCAD, the Capital Markets Group of Zafin. Working in a matrix structure, you will be part of the global Business Development team, partnering closely with the FINCAD sales and marketing teams. Your key responsibilities will include:
- To create the foundation for FINCAD to win business, create value for customers and define FINCAD’s position in the derivatives and risk analytics space.
- To generate and nurture qualified leads while collaborating on targeted growth campaigns for FINCAD’s analytics software offerings.
- To prospect and manage business development activities within the company’s addressable markets.
- To build a growth pipeline of key individuals within target organizations, using digital channels and social media to find new leads and potential new markets.
In this position, you get to:
- Find and target FINCAD customers through prospecting, emailing, LinkedIn research and networking.
- Maintain an organized and consistently productive prospecting approach.
- Create and manage multiple prospecting plans of attack based on different personas and value propositions.
- Find relevant trends in the capital markets and create new prospecting email messages and phone scripts using available marketing content.
- Track activities, meet KPIs, and maintain relevant information using Salesforce.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by starting communications and following up to generate meetings between sales team members and prospects.
- Perform online research of accounts and understand the institutions’ financial metrics and challenges to find "pain points" and to create customized messaging.
- Research and add new account contacts into Salesforce and maintain data integrity.
- Partner with the Marketing team to create other marketing programs (market research, event marketing, lead generation, partner marketing, content marketing, account-based marketing, etc.) as needed.
- Support the Sales team with pipeline management and deal progression.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, ideally with a major in finance, economics, or mathematics.
- 3+ years of experience and success in business development, ideally in the FinTech space targeting capital markets institutions.
- A proven history of prospecting success using various methods of outreach targeting senior professionals (VP/C-level), using a research-based approach to find prospect needs.
- A thorough understanding that prospecting requires activity through various channels. Having a positive attitude and growth mindset are key to being successful.
- A significant interest in the capital markets with a curiosity and commitment to learn about the derivative analytics business problems which FINCAD’s software helps solve.
- The ability to thrive in a target-driven environment.
- Diligence coupled with excellent articulation, communication (written/verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivation, resilience and a strong desire to succeed.
- The ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- Strong organization and time management skills; able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Be well versed in social media, social selling, and digital growth.
- Manage, lead, monitor, and take part in social media “chat groups”
- Have experience with CRM and Sales tracking tools, ideally including Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs and global collaboration across multiple time zones.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that have a Masters in Finance education and/or experience working in the capital markets in a non-sales capacity with familiarity and understanding of financial derivatives.
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that make you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.